Abrasive belts for industry use
- Various dimensions: from file belts to wide belts, and from sleeves to long belts
- Available with the full range of VSM grain technologies: from VSM ACTIROX and VSM CERAMICS Plus to VSM NON-WOVEN
- Available in grit sizes from 20 to 1200
- Backings made of paper or cloth materials
- Various cloth backings available – from extremely flexible to extremely sturdy
- Paper backings from 70 g/m2 – 300 g/m2 for dry grinding applications
- Various belt joint types – perfectly matched to the respective application
- Belt joints with very high tear strength
Additional grinding-active layers
Improves cutting performance while reducing temperatures in the contact zone.
Prevents chip adhesion to avoid clogging up the abrasive. Also results in longer service life.
By avoiding electrostatic build-up, the dust created by grinding does not adhere to the machine or workpiece.
X-Cotton (P180 – P320)
VSM classifies abrasive belts with widths from 3 mm to 2,850 mm and lengths from 31 mm to 23,200 mm.
- Narrow belts
- Wide belts
- File belts
- Available in aramid, cotton, polyester or polycotton
- The cloth is utilised as a backing for abrasives after in-house finishing has been completed, to adjust elongation and flexibility.
- High tear strength
- Depending on the application, cloth backings are available from extremely flexible (E-cloth) to extremely sturdy (Z-cloth)
- Lower weight compared to cloth
- The lighter the paper, the more flexible the backing becomes
E07 – VSM STANDARD BELT JOINT
Straight cut, glued underneath with film from backing side
Stable and sturdy standard belt joint for all geometries. E07 is mostly used for cloth-backed belts and is suitable for use in any application.
E27 – VSM BELT JOINT
Wave cut, glued underneath with film from backing side
Belt joint for ‘gentle’ engagement with the contact zone, offers smoother belt running. Suitable for wide and narrow belts with cloth backing.
E13 – VSM BELT JOINT
Straight cut, both ends overlapping
This belt joint is mainly used for wide and long belts with paper backings for flat surface grinding
E14 – VSM BELT JOINT
Straight cut, both ends overlapping, no grain on upper flap
Suitable for flat surface grinding applications with platen. E14 is mainly used for woodworking applications.